Friday 10 January 2014

Louisa's first YES Scotland worknight


How To Participate in the Yes Campaign


One:  Go on the YES march in Edinburgh, September 2013.  Feel inspired, excited, enthused and determined to get involved. Think about contacting YES Glasgow.

Two:  Wear your YES badge with pride. Engage with people when they comment on said badge.  Give your reasoned, measured arguments as to why Scotland should be an independent country.  Think about contacting YES Glasgow.

Three:  Realise that it is January 2014 and the referendum is only months away and if you don't get off your backside and do something now you never will .  Contact YES Glasgow.

Yes, after months of procrastinating, I finally contacted YES Glasgow this week.  I answered a call on facebook, looking for volunteers to leaflet in Provan.  I sent an email on the Tuesday and was out leafleting in the East End of Glasgow the next night.  It was lovely to meet other campaigners.  Everyone was incredibly friendly.  The rain had stopped.  As Anne, (the person organising us all) had promised me,  it was fun.  I am going leafleting again next week.

I gave up a couple of hours of my time last night.  It's a tiny contribution but it's a start. It will be up to me how much I want to do and how many hours I put in but whatever I do I know I'll be made to feel welcome.  I'm glad I stopped thinking about it and decided to participate in this,  the year of destiny.

Louisa Graham
If you'd like to join Louisa and the rest of the Yes Provan team (or if you want info about who to contact in your local area, email Anne at yesprovan@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment